Job ID 5147 Company: Dechra Veterinary Products Job Location PORTLAND, ME
Veterinary Technician (Portland, ME)
Job Requirements- Credentialed Veterinary Technician (RVT, CVT or LVT) and graduate of an accredited AVMA Veterinary Technician program.
- Five years of private practice experience preferred, with emphasis on small animal medicine; specialty experience and/or equine knowledge a plus.
- Experience in veterinary pharmaceutical industry highly preferred.
- Ability to discuss technical information in a professional manner with veterinarians, veterinary technicians and pet owners, with appropriate level of empathy and professionalism.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel), competency in pharmacovigilance database a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with a strong medical vocabulary.
- Detail-oriented with passion to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Ability to project a positive image of Dechra to the veterinary profession and pet owning public.
- Must be a self-starter and can work independent of supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
Job Description- Receive general product inquiries and customer support calls to Dechra that may arise from usage of Dechra products.. Calls may come from veterinarians, veterinary technicians, pet owners, distributor personnel or Dechra personnel. Calls may involve product information, use, product complaints, adverse events, unexpected responses to treatment, perceived lack of efficacy, and product or package defects
- Help manage primary veterinary technical support email account. Emails may come from veterinarians, veterinary technicians, pet owners, distributor personnel or Dechra personnel. Emails may involve general company and non-technical product inquires, customer support requests and/or product defects.
- Document appropriate calls in the Dechra pharmacovigilance system (PV Works) assess causality when possible and implement follow-up procedures to ensure closure of all calls and complaints received.
- Assist in preparation of internal and external case and summary reports as required by relevant procedures and regulations, and regulatory compliance of marketed products.
- Communicate customer issues with Sales and Marketing group.
- Communicate with outside partners (i.e. Safety Call, ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Service, etc.) as needed.
- As needed, accompany sales/distributor personnel to account calls; present in-clinic seminars.
- As needed, attend conferences to support exhibit, attend key lectures, present seminars
- Other duties as assigned.
View Employer Profile Send to Friend
Please log in to apply for this job.