Job ID 4534 Company: Elanco Companion Animal Health Job Location Minneapolis, MN
District Sales Manager-Companion Animal (Minneapolis, MN)
Job RequirementsBachelor Degree
Valid driver license and acceptable driving record
Minimum of at least 5 years experience in companion animal veterinary pharmaceutical sales or Sales training experience in the companion animal veterinary industry.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Eli Lilly and Company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Job DescriptionPlease refer to requisition number 31532 at the Elanco.com/careers site
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 7,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Lilly. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana.
Within the US Companion Animal business unit of Elanco Animal Health, the purpose of the position is to serve as the first line manager of Sales Representatives within an assigned geography. This manager will be responsible for leading and motivating Representatives to accomplish the sales and planned objectives of the District within the allocated resources. The employee will play a critical role in the overall planning and execution of business strategy of the companion Animal Business Unit
* Recruiting, interviewing and selecting a team of representatives to represent Elanco companion animal products and direct the effort of our channel partners
* Responsible for achieving a specified District sales objective across all product categories
* Responsible for developing and executing business plans with the corporate veterinary account headquarters within the district's defined geography
* Development of a business plan for utilization of all the provided resources to accomplish the planned objectives of the District
* Executing business plans of the channel partners with the coordination of the Sales Manager and the Sr. Executive Representative responsible for each channel partner.
* Responsible for the analysis and evaluation of reporting metrics and business reports to ensure the placement and utilization of resources for maximum business results
* Responsible for implementation of the marketing plans through the representatives to key veterinary hospitals and across all of the channel partners
* Strong coaching and leadership skills to deliver maximum results.
* In-depth knowledge of companion animal veterinary products
* In-depth knowledge of the Companion Animal Market and products available
* Ability to influence without authority
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills.
* Ability to convey messages and motivate various audiences.
* Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity
* Strategic thinking
* Strong Planning and Executional Skills
* Experience with performance management, succession planning and channel partner development.
* Advanced degree in business or work experience as sales trainer are both positives attributes.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
View Employer Profile Send to Friend
Please log in to apply for this job.