Job ID 4529 Company: Dechra Veterinary Products Job Location Overland Park, KS
IT Technician (Overland Park, KS)
Job RequirementsDechra is an international specialist veterinary pharmaceuticals products business. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, and sales and marketing of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Seeking experienced IT Technician to provide day to day 1st line support of IT systems by installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC hardware, servers, storage systems, network printers, backup systems and other information systems. Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) desirable.
Deploy and maintain PC\tablet hardware and peripherals (familiarity with Surface Pro hardware a plus).
Utilize remote control tools such as Teamviewer to support remote employees
Work with home based routers, WiFi networks and wireless devices
Utilize computer management tools to perform trouble isolation, event log analysis
Configure DHCP, DNS, Active Directory/Group policy, SCCM, Exchange 2010, Microsoft operating systems (Windows 10, 2008, 2012R2), NTFS file system permissions, and Microsoft Office 2013
Maintain Avaya IPOffice phone system, VMWare vSphere, vCenter, EMC VNX storage, fiber channel switching and zoning, CommVault backup software
Apply direct to: email@example.com
Job Description* Provide 1st line IT support for all users in North America. Expected to take ownership of user IT related problems and be pro-active at all times.
* Interact with helpdesk ticketing system to prioritize and respond to user support requests ensuring that every effort is made to meet support targets.
* Installation, maintenance and support of IT equipment including (but not restricted to) laptops and tablets, mobile phones, phone system, multifunction printers, VMWare, Windows servers, HP network switches (LAN and fiber), EMC VNX storage array, and Cisco Meraki access points.
* Creation and maintenance of all user logon accounts and windows file server permissions.
* Responsible for decommissioning and disposal of obsolete equipment and the roll out of new IT equipment and systems.
* Support business application such as Oracle Financials, PV-Works (Ennov product)
* Ability to pick up new skills quickly and apply them independently, self-motivated with attention to detail.
* Maintain high degree of confidentiality with regard to information being processed stored or accessed by the network.
* Communicate clearly and concisely to managers and others, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to effectively execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Possess analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
* Keep abreast of new products and make recommendations of solutions to solve current business challenges.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as required to ensure 24/7 support for IT systems.
* Create and update documentation of user guides and instructional manuals for Dechra standard hardware and software tools.
* Collaborate with other internal and external staff (not limited to the IT department). Perform training of staff where appropriate, in the use of hardware and software.
* Carry out ad-Hoc requests.
Associates degree or higher in Computer Science or Information Systems (or in pursuit of)
Computer Certifications desired: A+, MCSE, CCNA
Desirable skills: Ennov PVWorks knowledge, Oracle, Microsoft Sharepoint
View Employer Profile Send to Friend
Please log in to apply for this job.